Sunday, November 9, 2008

media bias is bias-ha

so no matter what we do we cant escape it.. yea i mean the word bias and everything it stands for. Today I was talking to my cousin about media bias. I asked his point of view on whether or not TV stations were biased. Now let me give you a little background info on my cousin: He is a weather man currently in Nebraska for NBC affiliate . He previously worked for FOX news in South Bend, IN. He is a VERY right winger who voted for McCain. I asked bc i thought he might have some insider info on what goes on over there at FOX. His reply was that out of all FOX seemed to be the most balanced and MSNBC was the most left sided of all. He says he has actually read a research report done on election coverage for each station and that McCain received about 20 more negative stories than Obama did on MSNBC and CNN. While FOX's ratio was 39/38. Makes me wonder is my cousin biased too bc he worked for FOX, or possibly the fact he is a McCain supporter.. so i waqnt to know who makes the final judgment call? and is there anywhere on earth where bias doesn't exist?

No comments: